Get connected with the best Satellite TV Deals
Since 2004, we've been the trusted, independent source for reviewing the top satellite TV promotions available. We know comparison shopping between DIRECTV and DISH can get confusing at times, especially with all the advertising out there. Our mission is to provide you with the unbiased information you need to make a smart consumer decision. With our long-standing partnerships among top retailers, we're also able to bring you exclusive discounts on leading channel, entertainment and movie packages. We're constantly updating our reviews and rankings, so check back often. As of 4/25/2017, below are our verified and top-ranked satellite TV deals. Enjoy the benefits of satellite TV and, while they last, take full advantage of the offers that best match your needs.
Looking for more info? Check out our research section.
Satellite TV Retailer Finder™
Let our exclusive retailer tool automatically search for the best deals in your area!
The Best Price Package
- ONLY $29.99/mo (Flex custom plan) guaranteed for 24 mths!
- FREE HBO for One Full Year (new)
- FREE Hopper 3 Whole-Home DVR Upgrade*
- FREE HD for Life! (w/ agreement, autopay & paperless billing)
- DISH Movie Pack FREE for 3 months (15 movie chnls)
- Notes: Act now & lock in this low price until 2019.
*$7 DVR service fee applies
DIRECTV's Best Deal Ever
- LOCK IN their best rate of $50/mo for 12 months
- FREE Genie Whole-Home DVR System ($398 value)1
- FREE NFL SUNDAY TICKET! (new customers, CHOICE™ & up)
- FREE HBO®, SHOWTIME®, STARZ® and Cinemax® for 3 Months
- Notes: This is DIRECTV's best promo since May 2005.
DIRECTV for Businesses
- Perfect for Offices, Lobbies, Gyms and Shops
- Only $54.99/mo for 12 months
- FREE NFL SUNDAY TICKET, ESPN GamePlan, NBA LEAGUE PASS and more
- FREE HD Receivers, for up to 4 TVs
- FREE HD Access for 3 full months
Learn more about the Providers
Compare the Specials
View the current promotions side-by-side and maximize your savings and free bonuses.
Not sure which packages include your favorite channels? Search for them in our interactive table.
Cable vs Satellite TV
Cable is right for some, but you may miss out on key features. Check those out and more.
RV & Mobile
If you'll be on the road, find out how to get hooked up and not miss a thing.
- Nov, 2016: DIRECTV Now, their streaming TV service, launches - On the tails of DISH's over-the-top Sling TV service, DIRECTV Now looks to combine the convenience of the newer custom TV plans with the mobility and freedom of unthrottled streaming, 24/7. As it doesn't include the NFL Sunday Ticket or a DVR, the service is geared more towards folks on the road a lot or those who'd rather have a slightly more flexible programming contract.
- Aug, 2016: DISH's packages go custom - In a much-heralded move, DISH just launched their most flexible plan yet, the Flex Pack. Ranging from 55 to 115 channels, it lets you pick and choose from 8 different themed, channel packs and basically build your dream plan from scratch. Depending on your final packs, costs can range anywhere from $29 to $99 per month. Kudos to DISH on the new option. Customizability and on demand (ie, channels when and if you want 'em) are big trends in the OTT/Netflix world and certainly appreciated by satellite TV customers as well.
- Aug, 2015: DIRECTV and AT&T merger - After being mired in the legal system for over a year, the FCC finally gave the green light to the merger. Now the largest pay TV provider in the world, customers of both companies won't see any immediate changes. Over time, expect the new company to be able to lower licensing fees (and hopefully channel costs) and give you better TV, internet and phone bundling options... all at a more competitive price.
» Latest from the blog:
DIRECTV's Audience Network to be added to U-verse Lineup
: Another nice benefit of AT&T's recent acquisition of DIRECTV, it was just announced that the popular Audience Network will be added to U-verse's channel lineup. Slotted for U-verse channel #1114, it'll give folks access to plenty of new, original content. ...
Can You Get DIRECTV with Bad Credit?
: Part of the process of getting DIRECTV involves a necessary evil, a quick credit check (it's a "soft pull" and takes about 30 seconds). Yeah, it's annoying but it's an...
If you rent, don't forget your satellite TV landlord permission form
: Before your scheduled installation, make sure you avoid any snags by having your landlord permission form ready to go. Fact is, if you're renting an apartment or house, neither DIRECTV...
» If you've never ordered before, make sure to check if you qualify for new customer deals (DIRECTV-specific)
» Thinking of adding Netflix or like watching the latest Hollywood blockbusters at home? Compare all the On Demand services here
» Wish you could watch your recorded shows on your iPhone/tablet? Consider getting DIRECTV's GenieGO
» Flex TV
: get DISH without a credit check or long-term contract.
» If you're looking to add internet to your TV service, compare all the latest bundles here
» Living in the country or miles from a big city has its advantages, but internet service isn't necessarily one of them. Find out if satellite internet
might be just what you need to stay connected.
Why Choose Satellite TV?
DISH Network and DIRECTV have been at the cutting edge of digital programming for years. We're often surprised at how many folks think cable is the only game in town. Fact is, satellite TV is available to over 99% of homes for about a third of the price of cable. And with both satellite TV providers heavily competing for your attention, there's never been a better time to sign up. Have a look around the site for the best service, programming and deals available. Hopefully, we'll help you find the perfect system at just the right price.
Easy setup and installation - one of the reasons satellite TV has grown so rapidly (especially compared to cable) is that, by nature, it's an extremely easy-to-use technology. You don't need someone to run cable from down the street or wire half your home. It's a straight shot from the roof to your receiver - quick and painless. As a result, most installations can usually be scheduled as early as the next day (be sure to check with your retailer).
Innovation - necessity is the mother of invention and when two rivals (DISH and DIRECTV) constantly battle to one-up each other, their customers get new, faster and more advanced technology...usually at the same or lower price. With cable, most companies have near-monopolies in their cities/counties so they have very little motivation to invest in R&D. That's not to say a few cable companies won't attempt to the push the envelope in the coming years, we just haven't seen proof of that materializing anytime soon.
Channel exclusivity - when you have big-time media and distribution partners (as do DISH and DIRECTV), you typically get first dibs on new and exclusive channels. Take the NFL SUNDAY TICKET -- it's only available through DIRECTV and it draws thousands of new customers to their service, particularly with their latest specials that offer it free to new customers. Exclusivity is never cheap for providers, but if it means winning your business, they're more than willing to invest in the competitive advantage.
"After moving to the west coast (Oregon), we weren't sure how best to approach TV programming. My preference was going with DIRECT TV but was MOST interested in saving as much as possible. After just a few minutes on your site (and contacting you guys), my decision was made and I saved over 50%....can't thank you enough!!"
-Jared Perzle - Portland, OR
Have a story to share? Contact us!